RE: [cdt-dev] CDT 3.0 Milestones

2 cents provided, change expected ...

On one hand (A) we wish to create a well tested product w/fully documented APIs for our partners to work with.
On the other hand, with CDT 2.1, 2.1.1 & 2.0.3 rearing their heads from time to time, (B) few people have been able to focus (exclusively) on 3.0 features up to this point.

While I do not necessarily believe that an April <freeze> milestone is necessary in order to achieve (A), I do believe that we need a milestone like this in the schedule, and that it should be respected.
However, we also run another risk in that if CDT 3.0 does not demonstrate a significant improvement in quality (and even content) to 2.X, we run the risk of alienating some of our early adopters (and even our customers).

Leo: would an API freeze sometime in May suit Intel better?

Cheers,
JohnC
www.eclipse.org/cdt