Re: [cdt-dev] Fw: CDT 2.1.1 Build I200502031120 completed

> Actually I would call 2.1.1 a maintenance release. I remember a discussion
> that we had at one of the calls where I expressed the wish that we could
> take a build at any time on the maintenance branch and call it a
> maintenance release. We would bless it with a number when we felt good
> enough to promote it as an official release.
>
> So for these x.x.x releases, I think it is sufficient to produce a build
> when someone requests it. If the build turns out to be pretty good, we can
> vote to bless it with a number.
>
> The issue that comes to mind is the CVS tag. I need to make sure I tag
> these builds so I can go back and give it the release tag when we vote for
> it. I'll do this for the next 2.1.1 build (unless there have been no
> changes since then in which case I can tag it now).

I did not hear of any other issues, but the only problem
remaining was raise by Tracy M. concerning part of the debug doc
being out-of-date(Watchpoint section), unfortunately we did
not find time to clear this ... probably next week.

> We'll follow this process for the 2.0.x stream which we at IBM are
> currently using as well.
>
> This whole releng process should be written down somewhere so I can hand
> it off some day...

heu!! but .. but ... Master .. you can not go!

Back to the top