Re: [cdt-dev] Changes in Scanner configuration discovery

> > Can we take this as the "official" plan items for the AutoDiscovery for
> 3.0 ?
> > There was also par of the changes a Variable Substitution mechanism and
> > changes to the IPathEntry class hierarchy.
>
> What went in today is just the first part of what is intended for 3.0. The
> full list of requirements can be found in the document (for which the link
> automagically disappeared when my original email was converted from HTML
> to plain text format).

No worries, Dave Daoust showed me the way.
The CDT-3.0 plans are in the Resource Developers (Designer Documentation) page.
We just need to update the links when the documents are ready.

> > Was the reqirement for the Variable Substitution a simple "String
> > substitution"
> > or rather to do it on top of the Platform variable plugins(much
> morecomplex).
>
> If I remember our discussion correctly, you said that we may be able to
> reuse variables framework from eclipse.debug.core. That one uses Platform
> variables plugin. So I guess in any case we would end up using Eclipse
> variables plugin. I am still not quite clear in what extent we can reuse
> that debug framework. It seams that Preferences->Rin/Debug->String
> substitution preference page is the place where new variables are defined.
> We need to figure out a way how to use them for string substitution.

Right, the problem with that approach, is that this is not only for the CDT
but all.  We probably want to define variables only for the CDT ...
We need another pow wow! on this 8-)

Back to the top