AW: [cdt-dev] several compiler in one toolchain

Hi,

> In the MBS plugin.xml definition, a project can contain
> multiple configurations.  A configuration specifies the
> tool-chain to be used and the tool-chain can be different
> per-configuration.  The tool-chain specifies the tools
> which can be different per-tool-chain.  What you want to
> do is intended to work.

Maybe I have a wrong sight to the tool-chain: I have defined the target 'target', the configurations 'release', 'debug' and 'simulation' and the tools 'icch8', 'xlink', 'cl' and 'link'. The tree looks like

org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ManagedBuildInfo
  target (target)
    release (configuration)
    debug (configuration)
    simulation (configuration)
    icch8 (tool)
    xlink (tool)
    cl (tool)
    link (tool)

My project for target contains several files, for example three: 'a.c', 'b.c' and 'c.c'.

'a.c' and 'b.c' are needed to build the release 'target.mot' with the tools 'icch8' and 'xlink', 'b.c' and 'c.c' are needed to build the simulation 'simulation.exe' with the tools 'cl' and 'link'.  After creating the Project with managed build (project type 'target') I excluded 'a.c' from the build of the configuration 'simulation' and excluded 'c.c' from the build of the configuration 'release'. Further I configured the options of the tools. After building the target, the build directories 'release' and 'debug' was created, but not 'simulation'. But I see no way to say the MBS, the the simulation must be created by 'cl' and 'link' instead of 'icch8' and 'xlink', because I've found no way to assign tools to a configuration like

org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ManagedBuildInfo
  target (target)
    release (configuration)
      reference to icch8
      reference to xlink