Indexer (was Re: [cdt-dev] CDT 3.0 new features)

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 16:43, John Camelon wrote:
> Please forgive us if we do not remember what your exact concerns regarding
> the indexer are.
> We are looking at addressing common concerns regarding correctness,
> performance and scalability.
> Let us know specifically what shortcomings you believe should be
> addressed.
Thanks a lot for the answer.

Some time ago (about 3-4 months) I posted some questions about the indexer
behavior (or better to say not behavior :-)) and was told that these are
known issues which will be treated.

it does not find almost anything in my even C code (already not speaking about
C++).

More specific. For example, C code with functions been called from one file,
while function declaration is in another - always causes "the operation is
unavailable on the current selection".

This also happens even in the case when the tool tip shows, for example,
structure declaration from the same *.c file, but F3 button does nothing,
except error message in the status bar.

Well, actually, I checked this again and there was no one case when the F3
button gave me something except red error message.

May be something is wrong in my RH9+GTK installation?

I did not wanted to disturb people and simply waited for some movement on the
list...:-))

Thanks.
--
Leon M.Pollak