Re: Indexer (was Re: [cdt-dev] CDT 3.0 new features)

cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 11/30/2004 10:37:25 AM:

> On Tuesday 30 November 2004 16:43, John Camelon wrote:
> > Please forgive us if we do not remember what your exact concerns regarding
> > the indexer are.
> > We are looking at addressing common concerns regarding correctness,
> > performance and scalability.
> > Let us know specifically what shortcomings you believe should be
> > addressed.
> Thanks a lot for the answer.
>
> Some time ago (about 3-4 months) I posted some questions about the indexer
> behavior (or better to say not behavior :-)) and was told that these are
> known issues which will be treated.
>
> it does not find almost anything in my even C code (already not
> speaking about
> C++).
>
> More specific. For example, C code with functions been called from one file,
> while function declaration is in another - always causes "the operation is
> unavailable on the current selection".

2 things come to mind:

        1. Do you specifically include the header file you are trying to F3 to in the source file?

        2. If the source and header files are located in different folders in your project, are your include
           paths set up?

Our current framework doesn't handle cases where files are not included directly as of now. This is on the to do
list for 3.0 (Bug 49783).