Re: Mac update RE: [cdt-dev] 2.1 Update

> Sorry for taking so long to update on this -  I actually came across
> several issues on the Mac that have prevented me from testing this.
>
> First of all as far back as CDT2.0.2 the binary parser does not appear
> to recognize the executables generated by gcc (versions to come later)
> as binary files.  This was not an issue since one could still manually
> put in the binary file and the launch would work.
>
> As of CDT2.1 there appears to be a check during the launch validating
> that the file  is a binary which fails so one cannot debug or run a gcc
> generated executable.  I'll look into this in more detail tonight to
> confirm everything at least to trace in enough detail to file defects.
>
> Note that this was with CDT2.1 package that's available for download,
> not something that is built from scratch from the latest 2.1 sources.=20

For the Binary Parser problem, we sent to the list a "Generic parser"
that should help you overcome this next time.

So it looks like(according to the PR) that you managed to get things
going with cdt RC3 and folks with MacOX should enjoy the experience
a little bit more 8-).

Merci X 1000 for looking at this.

Back to the top