RE: Mac update RE: [cdt-dev] 2.1 Update

This problem may already be solved with the resolution of bug report 77643.

Manfred.

-----Original Message-----
From: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Imrisek, Martin
Sent: Montag, 22. November 2004 23:14
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Mac update RE: [cdt-dev] 2.1 Update

Sorry for taking so long to update on this -  I actually came across
several issues on the Mac that have prevented me from testing this.

First of all as far back as CDT2.0.2 the binary parser does not appear
to recognize the executables generated by gcc (versions to come later)
as binary files.  This was not an issue since one could still manually
put in the binary file and the launch would work.

As of CDT2.1 there appears to be a check during the launch validating
that the file  is a binary which fails so one cannot debug or run a gcc
generated executable.  I'll look into this in more detail tonight to
confirm everything at least to trace in enough detail to file defects.

Note that this was with CDT2.1 package that's available for download,
not something that is built from scratch from the latest 2.1 sources.

Regards,

Martin

--
----