[cdt-dev] Remote Debug problem with CDT 2.1 RC3 continues

Hallo,

I tried to set up a remote debug session with the new CDT 2.1 RC 3 update.
The previous launching problem (CDT debug launch did not understand a
relocatable executable) is resolved. However, one step further, I
encountered a new problem. During startup of the debug session the gdb is
launched (I see this process in the process list of Windows XP), but it
seems that no connection is established between gdb and CDT. The .log file
shows the following message:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.cdt.debug.core 4 1000 Nov 24, 2004 13:12:24.511
!MESSAGE Internal error logged from CDI Debug:
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.core.cdi.CDIException: No registers.[]
	at
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.cdi.model.Target.getCThreads(Target.java:298)
	at
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.cdi.model.Target.getThreads(Target.java:319)
	at
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.internal.core.model.CDebugTarget.refreshThreads(CDebug
Target.java:590)
	at
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.internal.core.model.CDebugTarget.handleSuspendedEvent(
CDebugTarget.java:1097)
	at
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.internal.core.model.CDebugTarget.handleDebugEvents(CDe
bugTarget.java:892)
	at
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.cdi.EventManager.fireEvents(EventManager.java:
253)
	at
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.cdi.EventManager.update(EventManager.java:221)
	at java.util.Observable.notifyObservers(Unknown Source)
	at
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.MISession.notifyObservers(MISession.java:532)
	at
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.EventThread.run(EventThread.java:46)

In the various debug windows you can see the messages:

info threads
No stack.
Don't know how to run.  Try "help target".
The program being debugged is not being run.

GDB Server (11/24/04 1:43 PM) (Suspended) <Don't know how to run. Try ....>

I tried to look at the MI protocol between CDT and Gdb and enabled the debug
mode in the .options file. However, due to the different startup with CDT
2.1 I don't see any MI messages at all. As far as I can see, no
communication between gdb and the (remote) gdbserver was established.

my configuration: Windows XP with cygwin, gdb 6.2.1 (but also with 5.3),

Regards.

Manfred.

Back to the top