Re: [cdt-dev] EclipseCon presentations

Yes, I think we need at least a couple of hours for the BOF. We went over
two hours last year.

This year, I'd like to see the topics focus on where we need to evolve the
CDT and make the BOF a working meeting. We could walk through each of the
major areas of the CDT, discuss the successes and issues we are seeing in
those areas, and propose action plans on how to get the issues addressed.
We have a few things to seed these discussions such as Pierre's remote
systems work. I think we'll also find that the things we need to apply the
CDT to one industry are very similar to things needed in other industries
(in this case I'm thinking Embedded versus Enterprise/Server). We'll have
to figure out an agenda so that if we do need 2 BOFs, we can make one or
the other optional for people.

The other thing I'd encourage is setting up separate informal meetings
with people you'd like to meet. We ended up in a few of them last year and
found them almost the most valuable part of the trip. I'm sure there will
be a few tables around for talks over various beverages :_)

Doug Schaefer, IBM's Technical Lead, Eclipse CDT
Ottawa Lab, IBM Canada, Rational Software Division

Pierre-Alexandre Masse <pmasse@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/18/2004 05:43 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] EclipseCon presentations

Hi,

On the BOFs matter, I prefer the first option (2 BOFs). All in one would
be probably too many subjects to allow any discussion to really start
(assuming a BOF is supposed to last 1 hour).

We (MontaVista) apply for a talk on Remote System Framework, that I
propose to cancel and join to TI in the second BOFs, if it is ok with TI
folks and others.

Thoughts? comments?

Pierre-Alexandre