Re: [cdt-dev] Re: Launch an executable via a helper

> Interesting.  But how can you get the same effect in a non-debug launch?

in the CDT launch(local/post-mortem/attach) you can specify the
gdb location.  So if you specified "<wherever>/mygdbstartupscript.sh"

CDT/Debug will launch with something like this

mygdebstartupscript.sh --tty=/dev/ptys/5 -q -nw --cd workspace/project -i mi1  workspace/projec/application

So you could probably do what you have to do in the script then spawn
the real gdb with the correct arguments.

Another possibility is to use the idle launch that 0yvind been
working on, we may probably get this contribution in the core distribution
part of CDT-3.0.