RE: [cdt-dev] cdt_21 Branch Split

I got this message via the e-mail server - not the archive.

Leo

-----Original Message-----
From: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Douglas Schaefer
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 1:28 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] cdt_21 Branch Split

The branch has been split. Please do all CDT 2.1. work on the cdt_21
branch. HEAD may how proceed with 3.0 activities.

So, an interesting story: No one here got the original mail that I sent
that Leo replied to. And, of course, since they didn't read Leo's mail
were surprised when I told them I cut the branch :(. Did you get this
out
of the archive Leo or did everyone else get this mail? Makes me wonder
about the reliability of this e-mail server and, again, the need for
better real-time communications.

Cheers,
Doug Schaefer, IBM's Technical Lead, Eclipse CDT
Ottawa Lab, IBM Canada, Rational Software Division

Douglas Schaefer/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/17/2004 12:38 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
RE: [cdt-dev] cdt_21 Branch Split

Hey Leo,

It somewhat depends on whether the underlying source code is different
between HEAD and 2.1. If they are different, then yes you will need to
send two patches. If they are the same, then you should be able to get
away with just one.

Cheers,
Doug Schaefer, IBM's Technical Lead, Eclipse CDT
Ottawa Lab, IBM Canada, Rational Software Division

"Treggiari, Leo" <leo.treggiari@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/17/2004 11:31 AM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

<cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [cdt-dev] cdt_21 Branch Split

I'm back in "real-time" mode!  I have a patch process question.  After
the split, when I submit a patch for both 2.1 and HEAD, and the files to
be patched in 2.1 and HEAD are still the same, do I need to submit one
set of patch files to be applied to both the 2.1 branch and HEAD, or 2
sets of patch files?

Thanks,
Leo