[cdt-dev] gdb-console- can't find it

Hello,

I would like to use Eclipse (3.01) / CDT (2.0.2) to debug embedded
(remote via serial and TCP- GDBserver) projects.  I have looked everywhere
to find the gdb-console, but can't seem to find anything that will take
gdb commands within the debug-perspective.  The console that I see is the
stdio.

I have read this from the FAQ:

Q: Since the debugger is gdb, can I simply access the gdb console?

A: Yes, partially.  The console can be flipped into gdb mode (see the
"Show Debugger Console" button in the debugger view which does this) and
you can type in commands at that point.  (Blaa, blaa, blaa...)

Where is this button ?  I see "Breakpoints", "Disassembly", "Expressions",
etc- no "Show Debugger Console".

I'm looking for the familiar "(gdb)" prompt.  I can't find a console that
looks to take my commands.  What am I missing ?

Thanks,

-S

Back to the top