Re: [cdt-dev] gdb-console- can't find it

> Hello,
>
> I would like to use Eclipse (3.01) / CDT (2.0.2) to debug embedded
> (remote via serial and TCP- GDBserver) projects.  I have looked everywhere
> to find the gdb-console, but can't seem to find anything that will take
> gdb commands within the debug-perspective.  The console that I see is the
> stdio.
>
> I have read this from the FAQ:
>
> Q: Since the debugger is gdb, can I simply access the gdb console?
>
> A: Yes, partially.  The console can be flipped into gdb mode (see the
> "Show Debugger Console" button in the debugger view which does this) and
> you can type in commands at that point.  (Blaa, blaa, blaa...)
>
> Where is this button ?  I see "Breakpoints", "Disassembly", "Expressions",
> etc- no "Show Debugger Console".
>
> I'm looking for the familiar "(gdb)" prompt.  I can't find a console that
> looks to take my commands.  What am I missing ?

When you launch, you will see different process in the launch process tree.
One is call "Debugger process", select it, with this view select things
you type the console will go to gdb, make sure that you are at the end
of the line(the console view will not accept input)

You should have seen different logs of other inputs in that view already
like "info threads" etc ...

Back to the top