Re: [cdt-dev] Linux Core Fragments

>> Or does it all just work anyway. I'm not sure how System.loadLibrary finds
>> the libraries. There seems to be some magic there. Maybe all I need to do
>> is simply create new fragments and move the binaries there.
>>
>> Anyone have any insight?
>
>As far as I understand it, System.loadlibrary will look in your system
>library paths. Eclipse overrides this and looks in
>org.eclipse.core.resources.linux/os/linux/x86).

I might be wrong but from my experience eclipse will ONLY look in that
folder and discard the library path entries. I could only get it to work
by placing my (Windows-)dll in this plugin subfolder. If it was only in
System32 eclipse couldn't find it.

Well, that was with eclipse3M9, I couldn't work with later versions as
the JNI didn't work anymore at all. I haven't tried 3.0.1 yet.

Sorry for ranting here on the CDT list.

bye  Fabi

Back to the top