[cdt-dev] CDT based GTK/GNOME IDE

Title: CDT based GTK/GNOME IDE

Hi,

I've been lurking in this list for a while but there does not seem to be any discussion on developing a GTK/GNOME IDE on top of the Eclipse/CDT framework. Is this the right list for it, or is there a specific list where this gets discussed ? Specifically, I was wondering if some work is being done on (in order of priority):

        1) Autotools integration (I understand it works somewhat already ?)
        2) Glade integration (or maybe creating a GTK/GNOME UI designer using VE)
        3) GTK/GNOME API and help integration from context help (Use Devhelp books ?)
        4) GTK/GNOME wizards and templates (should not be a big task, and can be added over time)
        5) Performance work. Last I tried, the GTK+ version was significantly slower than Windows Eclipse, other Linux IDEs (e.g. KDevelop, Anjuta) and other Java editors (JEdit, etc.))

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Regards,
Biswa.

====================================
Biswapesh Chattopadhyay
Tata Consultancy Services
SAJ UII ETL Architect
Email: biswapesh.chattopadhyay@xxxxxx
Phone: 01793-547966
Mobile: 0777-608-0733
Fax: 01793-547971
Address: NS2D4, North Start House, Swindon

Back to the top