[cdt-dev] CDT Case Studies

Hey gang,

In order to help understand how we are doing with the CDT in real world
projects, I have started walking through tutorials on various open source
web sites and writing down my experiences. The original idea was to
produce tutorials to help promote the CDT for use with open source
development. However, I think we still have some major issues to iron out
and these studies actually turned out to be a good vehicle to understand
them.

I have done my first one and put it up on the CDT web site. This link is
available from the main page under Development Resources:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/cdt-home/developer/casestudies/index.html?cvsroot=Tools_Project

Developers, please take the time to look at these. If there are areas
where I have misunderstood how something was supposed to work, please let
me know. I haven't raised bugs yet but will do so over the next few days
and update the case studies with links into bugzilla.

Also, if there are case studies you'd like to share, please drop me a line
and I'd be happy to add them in.

Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

Back to the top