Re: [cdt-dev] Post 2.0 milestones

This is just what I have been looking for :-)

In general the development team at IBM is planning to push on improving parser performance and memory use in 2.0.1 -- I have moved a couple of defects to 2.0.1 based on this.

We are currently still poking away at performance/memory for 2.0, but we do not want to make any major (destabilizing) changes until after 2.0 GA.

Do people think that this is reasonable (should we be targeting 2.1 instead)?

        - Dave

Kleanthis Hapitas/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/21/2004 01:59 PM

Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[cdt-dev] Post 2.0 milestones

Hi all,

I have requested that additional milestones get added to the CDT in bugzilla, and they have just been created. There is now a 2.0.1 and a 2.1 target milestone to choose from. I know we haven't had any concrete discussions yet as to when the 2.0.1 or 2.1 delivery dates will be, but with these milestones we can start to distinguish between bugs to be fixed sometime in the near future and those that will be fixed whenever...

My intention is to provide a target milestone (2.0.1) for defects that we want to fix on the 2.0 stream after it goes GA at the end of the month, and another (2.1) for the next release that comes out of the Head stream after 2.0 reaches GA.

Questions, comments, concerns, let me know...

Kleo

Back to the top