Re: [cdt-dev] Eclipse 3.0RC1/CDT 2.0M9 source file exclusions in managed make

Matthew,
The reason the source is not being excluded is that the ManagedBuilder only relies on the container to managed built-in include path and defined symbols. For now. I suspect I will be moving over the user-defined include and defines as well for 2.0, since there is virtually no risk involved. I will not be adding support for source containers until after 2.0 because I am not 100% certain what impact it will have and we are too close to release to do it. Feel free to ping me post-2.0 and we can discuss your requirements and make sure any changes we make will address them.

Sean Evoy
Rational Software - IBM Software Group
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"J. Matthew Pryor" <jmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/21/2004 08:25 AM

Please respond to
cdt-dev

<cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[cdt-dev] Eclipse 3.0RC1/CDT 2.0M9 source file exclusions in managed make

No matter what I do, I can't get C source files excluded from a managed make (cygwin 3.3.1/WinXP)

My .cdtproject looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?eclipse-cdt version="2.0"?>

<cdtproject id="org.eclipse.cdt.make.core.make">
<extension point="org.eclipse.cdt.core.BinaryParser" id="org.eclipse.cdt.core.ELF"/>
<data>
<item id="cdt_indexer">
<indexEnabled indexValue="true"/>
<indexerProblemsEnabled indexProblemsValue="true"/>
</item>
<item id="org.eclipse.cdt.core.pathentry">
<pathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.MANAGED_CONTAINER"/>
<pathentry kind="src" path="" excluding="**/devices.c"/>
<pathentry kind="out" path=""/>
<pathentry kind="inc" path="" include="C:/dev/cygwin/usr/include"/>
</item>
</data>
</cdtproject>

But devices.c is always included in the auto-generated make. I have tried every conceivable combination of ways to try and exclude source files and folder but I can't make it work.

Should it? Is anyone currently using with my platform combination?

I have tried setting up individual source folder in the Project->Properties panel, but the managed make seems to always include all source file in the project, regardless of the Project Paths settings

I'd appreciate any help or further information anyone could provide.

Thanks,
Matthew

Back to the top