Re: [cdt-dev] rpm plugins

Hi Sebastien,

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 06:27:07PM -0400, Sebastien Marineau wrote:
> Doug is right on this. There are a couple of ways to do this, but one
> is to create a project and commit group for this; the second way is to
> create a project/commiter group for contributions in general (or maybe
> just Linux extensions), and roll your plugins under that (and in the
> future possibly have others).

Has there been any discussion of hosting a CDT tools/extensions project
alongside the CDT core on eclipse.org?  This would keep the current CDT
mandate of a generic framework approach in the core, while creating an
organized, open community around CDT tools/extensions development.  Of
course, Red Hat's contributions would form the base of such a project on
the Linux side of things.

> I guess I'm looking for a concensus from the group here, as this is a
> departure from the generic frameworks/plugins approach we have taken
> up to now.

Yeah, this is an important point.  I'm interested in hearing the
opinions of more committers on this.

Again, we'd really like to see these plug-ins hosted with the CDT on
eclipse.org.

Jeremy

Back to the top