Re: [cdt-dev] rpm plugins

So would you say that a general packaging framework, with an RPM plugin as a proof-of-concept would be more in line with the current approach?

Except for RPMs, I could imagine that people want to create other kinds of packages as well, like Debian packages, tarballs, Windows installers etc.

Just my €0.02.

  //Johan

Sebastien Marineau wrote:

The first question, though, is whether everyone agrees that this fits under
the CDT mandate, as opposed to "plugin central" or sourceforge. I guess
I'm looking for a concensus from the group here, as this is a departure from
the generic frameworks/plugins approach we have taken up to now.

If we get agreement to go forward with this, the next step is to send this
to John for his approval.

Thanks,

Sebastien