RE: [cdt-dev] Managed Make Builder configurations

I'll go one further...

As an ISV creating a branded product based on CDT and Managed Make, what
I want to do is to remove all the default GNU toolchains and only have
my own present in my product.

Currently this is a bit of a pain right now though because the tool
definitions and implementations are all intertwined with the Managed
Make implementation itself.  Basically if I want to remove them, I have
to go into the source and actually rip them out.

Ideally I would like to see all default implementations (not just the
Managed Build GNU toolchains, but the built-in debuggers as well)
separated out into their own plug-ins so I can cleanly pick and choose
them as I see fit, strictly by installing or not installing the
corresponding plug-ins.

Chris Recoskie
Software Designer
IDE Frameworks Group
Texas Instruments, Toronto

> I think that it should be assigned from MMB toolcains preference page
> (like Eclipse do it for VMs). In this page I'd like also
enable/disable
> some of pre-defined tool chaines. For example, now I always get cygwin
> in the list New Project Wizard provides, but I don't use cygwin, I
don't
> have it and I don't like to see it each time as an option.

Back to the top