RE: [cdt-dev] Managed Make Builder configurations

Hey guys, this all sounds great. But if there are things like this that
bug you, please send in patches. Without patches, it is likely that little
that will change for you in the CDT, despite all the good discussion.

Also, remember, the more good patches you send in, the better your chances
at getting voted in as a committer! As a committer, you will have a little
more control over what goes into the CDT and life may be a little easier
for you.

Cheers,
Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

"Recoskie, Chris" <crecoskie@xxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
06/10/2004 04:28 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

<cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [cdt-dev] Managed Make Builder configurations

I'll go one further...

As an ISV creating a branded product based on CDT and Managed Make, what
I want to do is to remove all the default GNU toolchains and only have
my own present in my product.

Currently this is a bit of a pain right now though because the tool
definitions and implementations are all intertwined with the Managed
Make implementation itself.  Basically if I want to remove them, I have
to go into the source and actually rip them out.

Ideally I would like to see all default implementations (not just the
Managed Build GNU toolchains, but the built-in debuggers as well)
separated out into their own plug-ins so I can cleanly pick and choose
them as I see fit, strictly by installing or not installing the
corresponding plug-ins.

Chris Recoskie
Software Designer
IDE Frameworks Group
Texas Instruments, Toronto

> I think that it should be assigned from MMB toolcains preference page
> (like Eclipse do it for VMs). In this page I'd like also
enable/disable