[cdt-dev] OpenType memory usage

I have been trying the OpenType dialog with a small to midsize project (1300 cpp files).   (Using CDT Head - from this morning, and Eclipse 3.0M9)

Here is some background on the project:

        1. The project has  been previously indexed (Image grew from 48M to 116M, took about 9 minutes to index),  and
        2.  Code assist and search work reasonably well (although sometimes quite slow).
        3.  Closing eclipse and restarting it causes no re-indexing at all. (image is now 48M)
        4.  I have the "cache types in background" flag off

        5.  The first time I use the OpenType dialog (after restarting eclipse), it takes a minute or so to "Updating Type Cache",
        6.  Each subsequent invocation is instant.

This looks great!

Now here is the problem:
        The memory requirements on step 5 have jumped by 160M ,   I think that this will not scale well....

There was no parsing being done (I have a breakpoint on Parser.translationUnit)

Has anybody else measured something similar?

        - Dave

Back to the top