Re: [cdt-dev] OpenType memory usage

David Daoust wrote:

I have been trying the OpenType dialog with a small to midsize project (1300 cpp files). (Using CDT Head - from this morning, and Eclipse 3.0M9)

Here is some background on the project:

1. The project has been previously indexed (Image grew from 48M to 116M, took about 9 minutes to index), and 2. Code assist and search work reasonably well (although sometimes quite slow). 3. Closing eclipse and restarting it causes no re-indexing at all. (image is now 48M)
        4.  I have the "cache types in background" flag off

5. The first time I use the OpenType dialog (after restarting eclipse), it takes a minute or so to "Updating Type Cache",

I'm a little surprised this took a minute. I have a large project (approx. 4000 files) with takes about 15 min to index but the "updating type cache" is no more than 3 seconds initially and instant afterwards.

        6.  Each subsequent invocation is instant.

This looks great!
Now here is the problem:
The memory requirements on step 5 have jumped by 160M , I think that this will not scale well....

Ouch! I'll see if I can reproduce this, and investigate what can be done to reduce the overall memory footprint...

There was no parsing being done (I have a breakpoint on Parser.translationUnit)

Has anybody else measured something similar?

        - Dave

Thanks
-Chris

Back to the top