[cdt-dev] Windows Debug API - CDI Implementation

Hey gang,

I have been playing around with some mixed mode JDT/CDT projects and have
put together an implementation of the CDI that calls into the Windows
Debug APIs. This became interesting when Microsoft released their
optimizing compiler as a free download. The CDT would be a great place for
people wanting to use that compiler with Microsoft's free SDKs and would
like an IDE for it. Currently, I have support for creating a process,
inserting breakpoints, and showing the stack and variables at breakpoints.
A lot of work still needs to be done to correctly interpret the variables
amongst other things. And I'm sure there are things I'm doing wrong.

We have talked a little about this in the past so I know there is interest
in this. I'd like to contribute my work to the CDT as a starting point for
this integration. I'm doing this in the background so any help would be
greatly appreciated. I am also hoping that by providing better support for
Windows development, we can grow the CDT community a bit more in that
direction than we have in the past.

Thoughts? Go for its? Don't you dares?

Cheers,
Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

Back to the top