Re: [cdt-dev] Re: [cdt-patch] Scanner config discovery, part 2

Well, "on by default" should be left up to the user...., and for existing project I'm sure being off until the user says "ok let enable this new feature for my project I've create in a previous version of CDT" should be acceptable....These are just my thoughts, maybe there are others that have an opinion?

Also, I've being running this with a project I have here and I'm getting this error in the problems view.

Severity Description Resource In Folder Location Creation Time 2 DefaultExternalScannerInfoProvider.Provider_Error stdCoverage April 14, 2004 5:10:16 PM

The project builds fine but I get an error marker on the project.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dave.

Vladimir Hirsl wrote:

The only problem is that the discovery is supposed to be turned on by default (once it is ironed out). So I still need a mechanism to install nature/builder for existing projects in the workspace (I thought the MakeStartup would be the proper place/time), and when old projects are opened or imported. If the UpdateMakeProjectAction is not the proper place for this, I can move it to a new class. I would like to perform the conversion without any UI interaction (the question dialog was a surprise/annoyance).

Please let me know what you think of it?

Thanks,
Vmir

David Inglis wrote:

The path/symbol properties page seems to be able to detect when a project is missing this new builder, why not just put a button that lets

the user fix this in this page? Or better yet, just add it when the path

discovery is enabled for the first time.

Dave.

Vladimir Hirsl wrote:

On top of below mentioned changes this patch adds:
Migration from 1.2.X and 1.0.X make projects to 2.0 project format
(upon
startup, opening or import of the project and as a toolbar action).
A fix for proper handling of "." include paths.
Minor changes in the make build output parsing.

Thanks,
Vmir