Re: [cdt-dev] Re: [cdt-patch] Scanner config discovery, part 2

Vladimir Hirsl wrote:

Dave,
thanks for detecting it. I missed the scenario.

Speaking of existing projects, is there a mechanism already in place that will update .project file for existing projects automatically with a new version of CDT or each component has to handle upgrade scenarios on its own?

The check for ScannerConfig nature/builder can be easily added, I wonder if there is a general mechanism already in place.

No, there is no general mechanism to handle this, you will have to add this conversion checkpoint in yourself.

Dave.

Thanks,
Vmir

Ok, I found some time to look at this...... The only issue I see right off is that existing standard make projects don't have the new nature/builder so the include/symbol page errors whenever you apply/ok, here is the
error;
[snipped]
Dave.

[snipped]