Re: [cdt-dev] Re: [cdt-patch] Scanner config discovery, part 2

Thanks for looking into it Dave.
Vlad should probably address this issue first, rather than cause potential
search trouble for all existing projects.
I'll work on something else til he returns.

- Brent

David Inglis <dinglis@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
04/05/2004 08:11 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-patch@xxxxxxxxxxx, cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] Re: [cdt-patch] Scanner config discovery, part 2

Ok, I  found some time to look at this...... The only issue I see right
off is that existing standard make projects don't have the new
nature/builder
so the include/symbol page errors whenever you apply/ok, here is the
error;

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Missing Builder:
org.eclipse.cdt.make.core.ScannerConfigBuilder
    at
org.eclipse.cdt.make.internal.core.scannerconfig.ScannerConfigInfoFactory$BuildProperty.<init>(ScannerConfigInfoFactory.java:275)
    at
org.eclipse.cdt.make.internal.core.scannerconfig.ScannerConfigInfoFactory.create(ScannerConfigInfoFactory.java:331)
    at
org.eclipse.cdt.make.core.MakeCorePlugin.createScannerConfigBuildInfo(MakeCorePlugin.java:227)
    at
org.eclipse.cdt.make.ui.dialogs.ScannerConfigOptionsDialog.performApply(ScannerConfigOptionsDialog.java:464)
    at
org.eclipse.cdt.make.ui.dialogs.BuildPathInfoBlock.performApply(BuildPathInfoBlock.java:226)
    at
org.eclipse.cdt.ui.dialogs.TabFolderOptionBlock.performApply(TabFolderOptionBlock.java:152)
    at
org.eclipse.cdt.make.internal.ui.properties.MakePropertyPage$1.run(MakePropertyPage.java:82)
    at
org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyDelegatingOperation.execute(WorkspaceModifyDelegatingOperation.java:67)
    .
    .
    .

Given this, what are people's thoughts? should I commit anyway or should
we wait until Vlad is back?

Comments?

Dave.