[cdt-dev] Re: [cdt-patch] Scanner config discovery, part 2

Ok, I found some time to look at this...... The only issue I see right off is that existing standard make projects don't have the new nature/builder
so the include/symbol page errors whenever you apply/ok, here is the error;

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Missing Builder: org.eclipse.cdt.make.core.ScannerConfigBuilder at org.eclipse.cdt.make.internal.core.scannerconfig.ScannerConfigInfoFactory$BuildProperty.<init>(ScannerConfigInfoFactory.java:275) at org.eclipse.cdt.make.internal.core.scannerconfig.ScannerConfigInfoFactory.create(ScannerConfigInfoFactory.java:331) at org.eclipse.cdt.make.core.MakeCorePlugin.createScannerConfigBuildInfo(MakeCorePlugin.java:227) at org.eclipse.cdt.make.ui.dialogs.ScannerConfigOptionsDialog.performApply(ScannerConfigOptionsDialog.java:464) at org.eclipse.cdt.make.ui.dialogs.BuildPathInfoBlock.performApply(BuildPathInfoBlock.java:226) at org.eclipse.cdt.ui.dialogs.TabFolderOptionBlock.performApply(TabFolderOptionBlock.java:152) at org.eclipse.cdt.make.internal.ui.properties.MakePropertyPage$1.run(MakePropertyPage.java:82) at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyDelegatingOperation.execute(WorkspaceModifyDelegatingOperation.java:67)
   .
   .
   .

Given this, what are people's thoughts? should I commit anyway or should we wait until Vlad is back?

Comments?

Dave.

Brent Nicolle wrote:

Hi QNX committers,

Vlad is away this week, but I am anxiously awaiting the commit of this patch to begin testing on it. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you commit it, or if there are Good Reasons not to.

Cheers,

- Brent

*Vladimir Hirsl/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA*
Sent by: cdt-patch-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/01/2004 04:32 PM
Please respond to
cdt-patch

	cdt-patch@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
	[cdt-patch] Scanner config discovery, part 2

This is the second 'Scanner config discovery' patch with following
changes:
Core
Improved translation of relative include paths to absolute. There are
still cases where the translation will fail (in case the working directory
cannot be determined) in which case problem markers are created.
The scanner config nature (and builder) are now always on. The main
checkbox now enables/disables further contribution to the discovered
scanner configuration, but the management of the discovered scanner config
is always on.
A new DiscoveredScannerInfoProvider and DiscoveredScannerInfo to persist
scanner configuration. They MakeScannerProvider and MakeScannerInfo are
reused to persist user specified part of scanner config. (Currently
discovered scanner configuration is stored in the .cdtproject file)
UI
Scanner config preference page, property page and New Standard Make C/C++
Wizard's scanner config tab are replaced with the
ScannerConfigOptionsDialog dialog accessible from Paths and Symbols tab of
the New Make Project preference page,  C/C++ Make Project property page
and New Standard Make C/C++ Wizard.
Paths and Symbols tab has become a summary page; management of include
paths is delegated to the new ManageIncludePathsDialog dialog whilst
management of symbol definitions is delegated to the new
ManageDefinedSymbolsDialog dialog.

Future work items:
Store discovered scanner configuration in make.core plugin's state
location instead of in the .cdtproject file.
Replace information problem markers with tracing.
Add DiscoveredScannerInfo related JUnit tests to StandardBuildTests.
Add a build console for ExternalScannerInfoProvider.

Thanks,
Vmir

P.S. Dave, please apply the patch (if accepted) after M8 CDT build is
released.

#### cdt.make.core_20040401.txt has been removed from this note on April 05, 2004 by Brent Nicolle #### cdt.make.ui_20040401.txt has been removed from this note on April 05, 2004 by Brent Nicolle _______________________________________________ cdt-patch mailing list cdt-patch@xxxxxxxxxxx http://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cdt-patch

Back to the top