Re: [cdt-dev] EditorUtility.getStorage(IBinary)

The problem is where do we get "objdump -CxS"?, who will spawn() it?
How to override it ?  etc ...
I'm very interested to your scheme for this, nothing satisfactory was found so far.

My inclination was to put it into the IBinaryParser. Put a reference to the BinaryParser into IBinaryFile on construction. Binary is already socking away the IBinaryFile, so Binary would implement these methods by delegating the request to IBinaryParser through the IBinaryFile.

Now it all pushes back to the extension point. The extension that knows how to parse the binary and create the IBinaryFile also knows how to generate the viewable text file representation of that IBinaryFile.

Here at Tensilica, we'd add a binaryparser for XtensaElf that derives from ElfParser, override the objdump execing method in the default implementation and go from there.

Thanks!
-Chris

Back to the top