[cdt-dev] EditorUtility.getStorage(IBinary)

Hi!

After a long hiatus on CDT, we are moving forward to 1.2.1. 1.2.1 is a lot better for us than 1.0.1 was. The number of things we are going to have to change in the CDT is a lot less. Great work folks, we are very happy. It's much closer to a platform now than it was a year ago.

This email addresses the first of a series of specific issues that we are handling with changes to the CDT itself. As we address these issues, we are happy to submit patches back if they are of interest. My intent in bringing them to the list is two fold. First, gauge interest in the issue itself. Second, if the issue is of interest, get an understanding of what fix is most acceptable to the committers.

EditorUtility still has a direct reference to objdump in it for use on IBinary. This is problematic where objdump is not present or where objdump must be invoked differently from the specifics coded into EditorUtility. Does anyone care?

If you do care, do you think that the right solution is to push the getStorage method into the IBinary interface? If not, what's the right way to get this direct reference to objdump out of EditorUtility?

Thanks!
-Chris

Back to the top