Re: [cdt-dev] Valgrind integration

One solution to spreading ourselves too thin is to get fatter :-).

If someone comes along and wants to build an interesting feature like this, why not? And if they do, it doesn't mean it has to go into the CDT platform. We should be able to accommodate a collection of CDT extension plug-ins, such as we have done with the CPPUnit integration and the upcoming Red Hat features.

If the issue is where such a feature request should go in bugzilla, then maybe we need a dumping ground for new feature requests that aren't meant for the CDT platform set of plugins, like Cpp-extensions...

Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Alain Magloire" <alain@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/13/2004 05:20 PM

Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] Valgrind integration

> Put a feature request in the Bugszilla...

Really, is this type of project belonging to the CDT or
is it some value added maintain elsewhere.

If we compare to JDT (Java), they have plugins to deal with the
language and the debug side, everything else is push outside, for example,
profiling, testing, etc ..

Although, tempting to push analysis tools within CDT it may
not be the best course of action.

IMHO ... lets stick to the core business instead of spreading thin, its
a hard lesson learned from the IT crash.