[cdt-dev] CDT 2.0 Kickoff Meeting Highlights, Presentations & Actions

All,

The meeting highlights as well as the presentations from the CDT 2.0 Kickoff meeting held in Ottawa on Nov 12 can now be seen on the CDT website. Visit the CDT news page (link below) to read more.

                http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/cdt-home/news.html?cvsroot=Tools_Project

The main common action that was taken during the meeting wrap-up was to capture all of the proposed enhancements discussed throughout the day as Bugzilla entries (severity = enhancement, keyword=plan, Target Milestone = 2.0). We would then set up a review to go over the items and see which ones could be realized in the 2.0 timeframe and who has the resources to implement, test and document them. It was agreed that items should not be considered committed (or "in" the release) unless all the required activities (dev, test & doc) could be committed to.

We are starting to create the bugzilla entries for the items that we are proposing to do here at IBM-rational, and I urge other CDT members to do the same. As planned, we will set up a review in the near future to go over all proposed items and come up with a more firm plan for the release. Now is everyone's chance to step up and help us turn some of the CDT "wish-list" items into reality!

Regards,

Kleo Hapitas
Program Manager
IBM Software Group - Rational