Re: [cdt-dev] CDT vs Eclipse30M5 vs binary project

If I hear no word, I will commit my patch at 1 p.m. EST. From that point
on, the CDT HEAD will only build against Eclipse 3.0. The commit covers
almost every CDT project (format for plugin.xml changed slightly and
turning on PDE containers plus changes for Eclipse 3.0). The CVS log will
noisy.

Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Douglas Schaefer/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/24/2003 11:09 AM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] CDT vs Eclipse30M5 vs binary project

That's funny, so have I. Did you follow the Eclipse 3.0 porting guide?

I was about to commit my changes so give me the word and It'll go.

Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Alain Magloire" <alain@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/24/2003 10:23 AM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] CDT vs Eclipse30M5 vs binary project

> I have a general question about building cdt.  Do you use Eclipse 2.1.1
> to do the development with Eclipse 3.0 as the target platform, or do
> you use Eclipse 3.0 for the development.  I'm trying to do the former.
> Also, the project appears to be set up to require the dependent eclipse
> plugins to be in the workspace.  How is this different (better?) than
> selecting the dependent plugins from the Plug-In Development->Target
> Platform preferences?

This was done for "hysterical raisins", CDT came from Eclipse-1.0
where the framework was not in place to do this nicely .. then inertia 8-)

The other reason was, that at least one file ".project" was continuously
modify and would show up when you sync with the repository.

It is a good time to change now, since we are keeping up with
the continual changes of Eclipse-3.0.

I got CDT head compile with Eclipse-3.0 M5 and would like
to commit the changes __with__ the use of the PDE containers
instead of binary projects ...

thoughts ?