Re: [cdt-dev] CDT vs Eclipse30M5 vs binary project

That's funny, so have I. Did you follow the Eclipse 3.0 porting guide?

I was about to commit my changes so give me the word and It'll go.

Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Alain Magloire" <alain@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/24/2003 10:23 AM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] CDT vs Eclipse30M5 vs binary project

> I have a general question about building cdt.  Do you use Eclipse 2.1.1
> to do the development with Eclipse 3.0 as the target platform, or do
> you use Eclipse 3.0 for the development.  I'm trying to do the former.
> Also, the project appears to be set up to require the dependent eclipse
> plugins to be in the workspace.  How is this different (better?) than
> selecting the dependent plugins from the Plug-In Development->Target
> Platform preferences?

This was done for "hysterical raisins", CDT came from Eclipse-1.0
where the framework was not in place to do this nicely .. then inertia 8-)

The other reason was, that at least one file ".project" was continuously
modify and would show up when you sync with the repository.

It is a good time to change now, since we are keeping up with
the continual changes of Eclipse-3.0.

I got CDT head compile with Eclipse-3.0 M5 and would like
to commit the changes __with__ the use of the PDE containers
instead of binary projects ...

thoughts ?