Re: [cdt-dev] os x port questions

Cool! Great work.

I'm not clear on the answer to the binary parser question and what the
best approach is to get it going. Alain seems to have put something in for
2.0 that calls external tools to help with the binary parse. Alain, is
this reusable for other formats? Also, is my understanding correct that
the launcher will only let you run/debug a file that has been properly
binary parsed?

As for the managed build settings, it's probably good to put them in the
managedbuild.ui plugin for now. We need to go through them all sometime
this release and figure out where they belong.

Thanks!
Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Bryan Hunt <bhunt@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/07/2003 03:19 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] os x port questions

I've got some stuff working :)

It's looking like I need to write a binary parser for the mach-o
format.  Is this correct?  Should I figure out how the elf parser works
and mimic that?  What functionality does the user get from the parser?
If a parser is not available, what will break?

I see the extensions provided for the other platforms in
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuild.ui, and realize that I need to provide the
same extensions for os x.  Do I put those extensions in that project,
or would it be better to put them in an os x specific project?

Bryan