Re: [cdt-dev] os x port questions

> Cool! Great work.
>
> I'm not clear on the answer to the binary parser question and what the
> best approach is to get it going. Alain seems to have put something in for
> 2.0 that calls external tools to help with the binary parse. Alain, is
> this reusable for other formats? Also, is my understanding correct that
> the launcher will only let you run/debug a file that has been properly
> binary parsed?

It is not strictly necessary,  but more for convenience.  If you do not have binary parser, still you will
be able to debug/build etc.  For example, when creating a launch for debugging,
The BinaryParser is use to find the IResource/executable .. But you can still put
the full path by hand if the plugin can not figure it out.

If not you could just create one very quickly, for fun:

public MyBinaryParser implements IBinaryParser {
   IBinaryFile getBinary (IPath path) throws IOException {
     String ext = path.getFileExtension();
     if (ext != null && ext.equals("exe") {
	return new IBinaryFile () {
          // mimimal stubs (do not really know how to parse the content).
        }
     }
     throws new IOExcetion("nope not a binary");
   }
}

Back to the top