[cdt-dev] Re: [cdt-patch] remote target initialization (serial line speed etc.)

> While using CDT for debugging remote targets, I have noticed that  several
> debug targets (of interest to TimeSys) are sensitive to serial line
> settings.
> I have also seen other users in the CDT community express an
> interest in setting serial line speed.
>
> We (TimeSys) have a patch for CDT 1.2 that enables the user to set the
> serial
> line speed for a GDBServer debugger while editing the launch configuration.
> I would like to submit this patch to the group for consideration and
> will post  it to cdt-patch separately.

Looks good to me.
It should probably go on both head && CDT_1_2 branch, Thanks.
I'll get to it later this week.

> There are other quirks that we have discovered with embedded targets that also
> require initialization commands to be sent to gdb, prior to issuing the
> remote attach command. (One example of a such a quirk is a control character
> sequence that needs to be sent to initiate a target connection.) These targets
> do not require any special treatment after the attach has been completed.
>
> The current mechanism for dealing with these quirks is to stick the required
> commands  in the .gdbinit file.  The disadvantage of this is the lack of
> programmatic control.  The alternative seems to be creating new createCSession()
> methods in MIPlugin, which is not very desirable either.
> It would be really nice if we have a general mechanism for handling this.
>
> Any suggestions on how to handle the more general initialization case
> would be  most welcome.

Are you looking for a solution for CDT_1_2 branch ?

Is this some target specific command sequence?

The simplest solution maybe to do another ICDebugger.
It will show up in the debuggers combo list on the GDB/Launch tab page.
So far CDT/debug comes with 3 default implementations of ICDebugger:
	GDBDebugger
	GDBServer
	CygwinDebugger

maybe a ...
	TimeSys Debugger
With all the necessary steps that you'd put in the .gdbinit.

Back to the top