RE: [cdt-dev] Re: [cdt-debug-dev] CDT 1.2.0.50 success story for arm JTAG eCos

I would only agree with creating the branch now if we felt that merging
fixes from the 1.2 branch to HEAD will be relatively painless.  I get the
feeling there will still be a good chunk of churn leading up to "code
freeze" at the end of Sept and would prefer we get to that point before
branching.

Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Sebastien Marineau <sebastien@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
09/19/2003 12:50 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

"'cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [cdt-dev] Re: [cdt-debug-dev] CDT 1.2.0.50 success story for arm JTAG
eCos

> Please don't die on me Alain.  You're quite valuable to this
> project, I
> don't want to give you a coronary.
>
> Today is supposed to be feature freeze date.  Thus, from
> Monday on (since
> the weekend still counts as today :-) ) we are only supposed
> to be fixing
> bugs.
> There is no reason why we couldn't cut the branch on Monday
> and thus put
> things that we weren't counting on as being in 1.2 (like this
> feature,
> IMO) in the HEAD.
>
> Otherwise, what criteria should we be using for screening new
> features/patches for 1.2?  Who will be testing it or
> supplying docs upon
> it?

I'd suggest we cut the branch for 1.2 ASAP (e.g. Monday) to allow us
to ship 1.2 on schedule. You are absolutely correct that we need to
stabilize and focus on bugfixing over the next few weeks.

+1 on branching Monday.

Sebastien