[cdt-dev] Vote for new CDT features

Hey all, now that we've extracted the builders out of the CDT "platform",
the CDT platform features become pretty useless on their own.  To help the
user who is simply downloading the CDT from the update site, I see two
alternatives to make their life easier (and one not):

1) Create new CDT "product" features that include the CDT platform and the
two make builders. This would be one new feature/plugin combination for
each os.ws we currently have.
2) Include dependencies from the current platform features to the two make
builders and have those who want to remove the builders from their
products to hand edit the feature.xml files off stream.
3) Too bad, they'll just have to get used to downloading all the features
the want individually and we'll deal with the user mistakes in the
newgroups/bugzilla.

I'd like to see a vote by the various committers on this as to which
alternative they prefer.

I am +1 on option 2, -1 on option 3, and a zero (in more ways than one) on
option 1.

Thanks,
Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Back to the top