Re: [cdt-dev] GDBServer vs Stub?

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 06:14, David Ryan wrote:
> In short can I use Eclipse CDT to debug embedded architectures using a
> GDB Stub?

Yes, I believe so.

I think Eclipse's use of "GDBServer" is confusing, because it represents
just one instance of a GDB remote-protocol enabled debug target.

Could we change GDBServer references to something like "GDB Remote
Target"?  This really needs to cover gdbserver, libremote, and various
gdb stub enabled targets (like JTAG debuggers and ROM monitors).

AG

--
Anthony Green <green@xxxxxxxxxx>
Red Hat, Inc.