[cdt-dev] New build plugins are online

Hi,

the following plugins have been created in CVS for CDT:

org.eclipse.cdt.make.core
org.eclipse.cdt.make.ui
org.eclipse.cdt.make-feature
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder-feature

This is a result of Sean, Alain and Dave' build proposal to move
the builder out of the CDT core, and into their own plugins and feature
sets. The plan is for the build interfaces to remain part of the core.

The list of initial commiters for these plugins is based on the current
cdt.core commiters:

Alain Magloire
Dave Inglis
Doug Schaefer
Sebastien Marineau

Sean, since you have been doing a lot of the managed build work, I suspect
that
after the code split is completed and we settle in to the new structure,
someone
will want to nominate you as commiter...

One last thing -- Dave has started splitting the code out of cdt.core and
cdt.ui and
moving it to the new plugins. This may create some churn in those plugins
over the next
few days. It also means that those working on the build features (Sean in
particular) should
coordinate with Dave to make sure they don't lose any ongoing work and the
transition
is seamless.

Thanks,

Sebastien