Re: [cdt-dev] refactoring support

Just to clarify, the refactoring support in eclipse is actually part of
the JDT, and only works for Java.  Unfortunately, the CDT doesn't get this
for free :-(

Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Torsten Curdt <tcurdt@xxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
06/24/2003 01:49 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject

Douglas Schaefer wrote:
> No problem.  We, the CDT devs, really need to spend more time answering
> questions on the newsgroup.  I'll definitely try to make more of an
> effort.

Thanks :)

> I'm not sure where you heard about CDT's refactoring support.

Well, I was looking for some C++ refactoring tools and browsing through
the mailing list / newsgroup archives and people were recommending
eclipse. ...as for what I understood - also for C++ not just for java.

> Currently
> there is none and there is none scheduled for 1.2 (September).  We are
> hoping to get rename refactoring support in for 2.0 (early next year)
with
> other refactoring support later.

...so this was obviously wrong and I am not
too stupid find the stuff :) *puh*

 > Of course, this depends on how much help
> we get building this thing ;-)

Well, I got that ;)
...currently not much time left for OSS dev.
Other projects are also on halt.

cdt C++ refactoring support could have help
on that ;)

Anyway appreciate you work so far, guys

Thanks
--