[cdt-dev] Adding a compiler project?

Excuse my ignorance and possibly stupid questions. I'm new to CDT and just installed it. So far it looks great. Well done to everyone involved.

My possibly stupid question is: Would it make sense to create a plugin with GCC cross compiled executables for windows, and what links could be made to CDT to make the user experience nicer?

To explain further. I currently use cygwin and gcc to cross compile code for the Playstation 2 (see ps2dev.org). The problem is that getting a development environment up and running with working compilers and compatibility between different users is an absolute pain. If people here thinks it made sense, I might package up the various compilers into a plug-in that users could download and install. Where would I start? Any points to pages, other plugins I could use as a starting point? etc.. etc..

Thanks,
David.

Back to the top