Re: [cdt-dev] Debugging embedded evironments using JTAG devices [long]

[...]
[ deleted to be brief ]
[...]

> - There should be a gdb console window as there is in Insight. This=20
> will be used to execute commands that do not make sense to support=20
> in the GUI since they are to specific to each environment, e.g.=20
> "remote reset" to reset the board via JTAG. (I don't know much about=20
> the CDT debug environment,=20
> since I haven't worked much with it yet, so execuse me for repeating=20
> if this feature is there already implemented).

Yes, it is already implemented.
but for it to be really practicle you will need the head of GDB
and some changes in the GDB/MI plugin that I did not commit yet.

> - Configure what information that CDT has available, e.g. disable
> threads.
>
> Here is what I tried for Eclipse so far:
>
> The closest thing to what I need I suppose is the=20
> "Debugger" -> "GDB server", but "Attach to running process"
> nor "Run program in debugger" is approperiate for my embedded
> JTAG based development environment. eCos does not have
> processes and the app is already running.

Thanks for the feedbacks, I will need to digest it a little more,
meanwhile if you have more thoughts(solutions are also appreciated 8-) fire
them away.

Back to the top