[cdt-dev] CDT 1.2 Proposal (Content & Timeframe)

Earlier posts not getting through because I had not re-registered with my "IBM" email account! Oh well, I suppose learning is one of the things that first posts are all about...

Kleo

Hello all,

As discussed on the last CDT conference call in mid-May, we need to start getting our heads around what we want to do for the next release (beyond 1.1) of the CDT. During the call I had offered to capture IBM-Rational's thoughts on the next release and share them with the larger community as a starting point for further discussion.

The attached file captures the capabilities that we have talking about adding to the CDT, as well as a proposed timeframe. My goal in putting it out here is to generate some feedback so that we can drive it from a proposal to something that is more like a plan of record. I welcome any and all feedback to the proposal. It currently captures the capabilities that Rational is working towards, so if there are areas where others are planning or would like to contribute, feel free to provide some input. For example, one of the areas that I have left essentially blank is Debug. If any work is being planned in that area, it would be great to capture that information as well. In addition to contributing code (features and fixes), we should not forget testing. Any thoughts or comments on how we can achieve greater test coverage (both functionality and scalability) for the CDT is especially welcome.

Have a look and let's hear what you think. I will summarize any feedback I get on upcoming conference calls, and hopefully within the next couple of weeks we can add to and refine what I have started to capture and share our plans for next release content and timeframe on the CDT web site.

Regards,

Kleo Hapitas
Program Manager
IBM Software Group - Rational