Re: [cdt-dev] is Win98 a supported platform ?

Sorry, I haven't been following this thread very closely.  I just want to raise a warning flag about cygwin.  My understanding from what I've heard is that the GPL license on cygwin prevents the use of the cygwin DLL in commercial product (at least without buying a license from RedHat).  This would violate the CPL.

That also brings up another point.  It might be nice to set up the win32 exe and dll so that we could compile it with MinGW (which apparently does not have such restrictions) as opposed to VisualStudio, just to keep to the open source spirit of things.

Cheers,
Doug Schaefer
Rational Software - IBM Software Group
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada