Re: [cdt-dev] IParent

> Hi!
>
> Maybe I'm just doing dumb things, but I am having to create some model
> elements that are used by various views and tools that I don't want the
> user to have to see because they neither know nor care what they are.
>
> For example, we copy executables sometimes to keep them around for
> navigation purposes through data that does not go "completely stale" on a
> build boundary. I don't want these executables to show up in launch
> selections or the CView but I do want them represented in the core model.
>
> Suggestions on what changes to make to do this?
> Is this generally
> interesting or are we out there in our own little world?

If you need to inspect a executable, you could use the
binary parser directly.  It is better in the head branch
since we have now an extension point and a
CCorePlugin.getBinaryParser(ICProject);

in the CDT_1_0_1, you will have to explicitely chose one(ELF, PE).
Copy the file in /tmp/bin.tmpfile

Maybe for the future we could have an "in Memory" executable
or working copy.

Back to the top