Re: [cdt-dev] NT Launch/Build Abort

At 03:07 PM 4/7/2003 -0400, you wrote:

Some other possibilities:
- It is a little vague in my memory, but I do remember that you can tell gdb
not to hold a write access when debugging. Not sure it that will solve the problem.

- Another possibility is to create a Session property  on the project
  that the builder could check before building.

- The debugger could make a copy of the executable before running.

But all the solutions are messy and you do not want to push this
on other platform less brain-d^H^H^H^H^H^H^H .. susceptible to this behaviour.

All good suggestions.

I do think that the feature can stand on its own as an option for non-NT platforms. It can be confusing to have running launches on stale builds and our usability testing has shown that it's vary common for new users end up with lots of debugger sessions running.

Having those cleaned up on rebuild may be desirable behavior to some folks.

Thanks!
-Chris

Back to the top